Monday, April 14, 2014

Positive Change is in the Air!

I have good news! Lots of it, as a matter of fact. Spring is definitely in the air, energies are shifting, and my whole world is about to change - for the better!


We've been trying to sell our house for quite a while now, so we can move back to the west coast to be closer to our families. It's finally happened, and we're set to close the deal and be on our way on April 25th. We've been in Taos, NM for 13 years, and have loved it dearly. But now having the freedom to move about the country is exactly what we want because it opens up so many doors. We plan to go to San Jose for a while, to hang out with my dad. And then... well, it's wide open, but we're strongly considering Portland, OR. It would be a good "hub" for us, in easy reach of all the people we have in the Bay Area, Oregon, Seattle, and Nevada, either by car, or short plane rides. By comparison, it takes almost 3 hours to get to the Albuquerque airport from Taos. Our world is getting bigger and simpler, and we intend to flap our wings. A lot.

What we think we want to do is buy a small motor home, to call "home" while we wander around and decide where to land. We've done this before, and I blogged about it on my other blog, Taking the Long Way Home. Another piece of my news is that I've revived that blog after a 2 year break from it. I know a lot of people followed me over here, but have been missing the more personal nature of LWH. There will be some crossover between the two blogs, but PV will remain mostly about food and vegan stuff, while LWH will be more about our travels, life, and personal stuff. I hope you'll subscribe to both!

And there's more! One of my favorite bits of this puzzle has just fallen into place. I've been accepted to the PCRM (Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine) Food For Life training in Washington DC in June. I'm so excited about this I can barely sit still! It means I'll be certified and licensed to teach the Food For Life classes, which focus on prevention and reversal of disease through plant-based diet. I am for sure an animal-and-planet-loving vegan, but the core of my dedication to this lifestyle is in human health and healing. I'm thinking it might work out to travel in our little RV and teach classes wherever someone wants us. Mobile Vegan Ambassadors! It would be so much fun for me to be able to get out there and meet more of you face to face. Let me know if you'd consider helping me put together a class, or if you have a driveway we could camp in for a couple of nights!

I'm coming down off a long weekend of moving sales, and heading into the remainder of our packing. There's not a lot of cooking going on in my colorful Taos kitchen, but I have a few recipe posts ready to pop into place for you while I get myself on the road. Soon you can expect food posts from wherever I find myself, in whatever kitchens I can use. Please don't wander off!

If you haven't done so already, now would be a great time to pick up my Recipe Box. It will give you over 100 of my best recipes, plus cool printable recipe cards, so you can find lots of good PV food to make while I'm distracted by the move. Taos has been kind of rough on us financially. We will walk away from here out of debt (yay!), but semi-homeless and without much cash. Eek! Scary! If you find what I do here (and what I'm about to do) useful, I'd sure appreciate your support! Either way, I'm glad you're along to share this adventure with me. It's going to be a life-changing doozy!