Friday, December 16, 2011

Food and Beads

In my world, Food and Beads are inextricably linked. Both are creative outlets, and each supports the other. Although I've tried, I can't eliminate either of them. They are Soul Mates who thrive in each other's company, and wilt when left on their own. I get it now. Took me long enough.

I woke from a dream about food this morning. It's kind of vague - sort of a nutty, sagey spread or filling or sauce that might go inside of mushrooms or ravioli or... it's not clear yet. I'll make notes right away, before it fades, and then I'll get to work on it over the weekend. Of course you know I'll share it with you when it's ready!

Meanwhile, there's a bead project to finish up. I'm wrapping up my December Bead Giveaway this evening, after I get home from another volunteer day at Taos Feeds Taos, yet another thing that feeds me, inspires me, makes me grateful for all I have, and always puts me in the mood for Christmas.



Have you entered the bead drawing yet? Well, I hope you will! It's free, and if you only know me through my cooking blog, you can meet the Cook's Evil Twin, the Beadmaker, who plays with fire and melts stuff for a living. The beads make the cooking possible, and feed my artist's soul in some ways. The food feeds me in other softer, more nurturing ways, and it feeds my friends too. Visit TakingTheLongWayHome to meet the Other Kim, and to enter the drawing. I'll see you back here next week, with something good to eat!