Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Vegan Running Update

As you may or may not know, my daughter and I are running a half marathon in September. Since I'm doing the whole thing vegan style, I want to talk about it here, as well as on my other blog, TakingTheLongWayHome. This week, as Lauren and I blogged together, I decided to add the following intro to all our posts, so those just finding us will know what's going on. We generally post each Wednesday, and from here on, I'll pop a link on this page too. As I go along, I'll also get more into my "training diet," in case it might be of use to anyone out there. This is quite an adventure for me! Post #7 is ready to read!


Kim and Lauren are a mother/daughter team, training to run the Disneyland Half Marathon in September of 2012. Kim, the the 50-something mom is vegan, and is training at the literally breathtaking altitude of 7,000 feet in Taos, NM. She has never been any kind of athlete before. Lauren, the 20-something daughter, is mostly vegetarian, and is doing her training in Seattle, WA. Running isn't new to her, but distance running is. This weekly blog, written by both of them, documents the journey, and hopefully, will inspire a few others to follow a dream, do something that's harder than they ever imagined they'd do on purpose, and enjoy the entire journey. Find all the entries by visiting TakingTheLongWayHome, and entering "Kim and Lauren" in the "search this blog" box to the left.