Monday, April 9, 2012

Postcards From The Road - First Day of School

This entry is also posted on LongWayHome. Read it here, read it there... thanks for reading anywhere!

Today was the start of the Vegan Immersion course I've been waiting for for so many months. It was fun, I feel smarter, and everyone in the group is great, including our chef-teacher, Mark Reinfeld, of Vegan Fusion, who is sharing so much with us.

Rick and I started the day with a run at Alki Beach, my first run since I hurt my foot almost 2 weeks ago. I found myself grinning the whole time, simply because I was able to run again.


Finally off to school, I was a little early, and had plenty of time for a picture outside The Abbey, in the Fremont neighborhood of Seattle, where the class is being held.


Today was Soup Day. We broke up into teams, and made 4 different soups, all of them delightful, and all of them delicious. My favorite was the creamed broccoli and macadamia nut soup, that was so smooth and rich I just wanted to wander off and be alone with it. The cooking was fun, and of course tasting our work was a really nice reward.




Tomorrow I look forward to getting to know everyone a little better, making more beautiful food, and learning more little tricks that make everything I do in the kitchen just that much better. I am loving my life right now.