Thursday, September 20, 2012

30-Day Vegan Challenge

When I went vegan, after 20-something years of being vegetarian, it was an overnight, feet-first leap. When I finally decide to do something, I just do it, and that's that. But I know for some people it's not so simple, and thankfully, there are all sorts of resources out there to help newbie vegans get going on the right track.

Here's something that might help you get happily jumpstarted into a vegan diet. The 30 Day Vegan Challenge, with Colleen Patrick-Goudreau is an online program based on her book by the same name. Colleen really knows her stuff, and although I don't think I have a need for the program myself, I've signed up for it, just to see what it's like. I'm sure I'll learn some great things, and I think it would be a great place to start for any new and confused vegan. She's offering a special introductory price right now of only $20. Cheap! Go check it out, and come find me on Colleen's Community page.


4 comments:

Teri said...

I see a lot of recipes using soy products. I had a breast lump removed when I was 29 years old (26 yrs ago), I have been advised to stay away from soy. I'm wondering if you have any concerns about about the amount of soy products in a Vegan Diet.

Kim Miles said...

Thanks for your question, Teri. The short answer is, no I don't worry about moderate amounts of soy. The longer answer is coming up soon in a new blog post. A topic well worth talking about!

Anonymous said...

Kim, thanks for the link to the 3-day challenge. Like you, I jumped 100% overnight after 20+ years of vegetarianism, yet there's so much more I'd love to learn. This looks like a great way to do that. I'm also looking forward to your upcoming post on soy. I recently discovered I'm allergic to soy and am looking for creative substitutes. Hope you're having a great week! oxox M-E

Kim Miles said...

I'm really enjoying the 30-Day challenge, M-E. I think you'll get a lot of good help there! The soy post will be up soon. You really don't need it. Sub any other plant milk in most recipes, and I'll have to look more into baking with something else as an egg substitute. No worries! I'm sure it can be done!