Friday, January 11, 2013

Wizpert


I was recently invited to sign on as a Vegan Expert on Wizpert. Never heard of it? I hadn't either, so I did some checking. Wizpert is a place where you can instantly chat with "experts" on just about any topic you can think of. As I write this, experts are available, this very moment, in the categories of health and fitness, technology, leisure, learning, home and garden, business, and life. The experts come and go on their own schedules, so you never know who you'll find when you log in. All chatting is done via Skype Chat (not visual Skype), so you don't have to do your hair and makeup just to ask a question or two. You simply click on the expert you want to talk to, and in seconds you're connected by Skype and can start asking advice from someone who (probably) knows what they're talking about. Most of the service is free, but once an expert has enough time and good reviews in, they can start charging for their time. It seems pretty great from all sides, as far as I can tell.

How expert are the experts? There's no way to tell. Take me for example. I'm not a certified anything, but I probably know more than a lot of people about vegan cooking and nutrition. I can certainly answer the usual key questions, and steer you in the right direction if I don't know something you want to know. Check out the experts you want to talk to. Read their profiles and blogs and websites, and check the facts when they give you advice. I think Wizpert is a great starting point, and my first advice is to use it as that.

I've signed up and created a profile page, and try to make myself available whenever I'm at the computer anyway. If you'd like to chat with me, I'd love to hear from you. You'll find me on Wizpert under Health and Fitness / Nutrition / Vegan. You can also shortcut directly to me via this link. I'm happy to help you if I can, and so are lots of other people.