Monday, November 23, 2015

Easy Meatless Monday Recipe - Winter Lentil Soup

Living in Portland, I don't cook as much as I used to. There's so much great, affordable vegan food here, and I have such a crummy little kitchen, I'm just not feeling the recipe-inventing love. However,  a lot of you ask me for easy vegan recipes to either help you get started on a plant-based path, or add variety to your already-vegan diet. I'm happy to help with that! A little research turns up hundreds of great, simple plant-based recipes. I know you don't have a lot of time to filter through all that, so I'll dig around for recipes that look like something I'd like to try in my minimal kitchen, and share them with you here. Hope it helps! Enjoy!


Thank you RealSimple.com for the lovely photo and recipe!
With Thanksgiving coming up this Thursday, it's nice to have some easy recipes to float us through the early part of the week with minimal effort. Make a big pot of this, and eat it for days!

Winter Lentil Soup
from RealSimple.com

Here's what's in it:

olive oil
leeks
canned whole tomatoes
sweet potatoes
kale
brown lentils
fresh thyme
salt and black pepper
grated [vegan] Parmesan (optional)

Look good? Get the whole recipe at RealSimple.com!