Monday, April 29, 2013

Dog Cookies for my Furry Friends

I'm still traveling, and still functioning without a computer, and with only an iPhone. The See Jane Run 1/2 Marathon is this Saturday in Alameda. http://www.seejanerun.com/t-See-Jane-Run-Half.aspxIiI I'm ready! I've been fueling up on fabulous plant-foods in Seattle, and also got some good practice runs in there. Now I'm in San Jose, taking two days to visit family, super hydrate, and rest up for race day. Fortunately, I wrote a few extra draft posts before leaving Taos. Here's one of them to keep you busy while I run a race. Enjoy!!!
~~~~~~~~~
This is my latest recipe for Dog Cookies. It's simpler than some I've done in the past, and our dogs all love them. They aren't very exciting to the human palate, so if you want to share them with your four-legged pals, you might want to spice them up a bit...


Dog Cookies
makes about 50 small cookies

2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1/4 cup ground flax seeds
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 cups water

Preheat oven to 350º. Lightly oil 2 cookie sheets.
Stir all ingredients together.
Using a teaspoon, place small dollops of dough on the cookie sheets, and flatten them into the shape you want. You can place them very close together because they won't rise or spread when baked.
Bake at 350º for about 30 minutes.
Let the cookies cool before feeding them to your fur-friends.


Heidi says YUM.