Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Back From DC - It Was Amazing!


I had a terrific trip to Washington DC. Better than I expected or hoped for! I was there last week for the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM) Food For Life instructor training. Wow! I came away with my head spinning from so much new and useful information. I thought I wanted to teach healthy cooking classes for people who want to step up their diets but just don't know how to start. Now I know that's exactly what I want to do! I'll be posting here about that as I get organized. It will take a few weeks. There's so much material to assimilate, as well as materials to order, and venues to find and book. It's a little overwhelming, so I have to go in baby steps, just like someone who's fixing their diet. It works better that way. My classes will be listed on the page link above. Also look for classes near you by clicking on your state or country in the blue box on that page. We're all over the world!

The one and only Dr. Neal Barnard spoke to the group of 61 new instructors. Amazing man. Read his books!
It wasn't all work and no play in DC. I also had time to make some friends and explore some of the sights. This was not my first trip to DC, and I hope it won't be the last. I loved it!

They provided incredible food for the workshop attendees. This lunch from ZenfulBites was my favorite.
Although the ride to the top of the Washington Monument was spectacular, the Lincoln Memorial is my favorite. It feels like a holy place to me.
With my new friends - Julie from NYC, Farrah from London, and Julaine from Boise. We had a lot of fun, and now we'll keep in touch and keep each other motivated.
So now I have a lot of work to do. I'm up for it! I'll keep you up to date, of course. It looks as though I'll only be teaching the Food For Life classes in Portland, at least for now. Since there are instructors all over the country, they prefer that we stick to our own area. However, if you can't find classes near you, please contact me! I can help you find someone, or possibly get permission to go to you myself. If you want to health-up your diet in a life long meaningful way, I want to help you do it!