Tuesday, September 29, 2015

First Glimpse at Portland Fashion Week's Vegan Side

I'm starting to get trickles of information regarding the designers and food vendors for Portland Fashion Week. I'll only mention the ones I know to be vegan, or animal-and-planet-friendly, whether by design (teehee), or inadvertently. When we dig, there's usually more than we imagine we'll find.

As far as clothing goes, I've already told you about Jules of Morocco (in a previous post), which I will be (very happily) wearing on opening night. Her organic cotton/ramie fabrics are pure elegance, and the designs are so flattering. I'm going to look good. Just sayin'.


Sweet Skins is a women owned eco-clothing company that uses fabrics like eco-fleece (made from plastic bottles), hemp, cotton, and lycra jersey. The designs are intended to flatter women of all shapes and sizes, and like Jules of Morocco, these look like my kind of clothes. I am a dress girl, but they also have pants, skirts, tops, and outerwear, as well as underwear, maternity, and accessories. I can't wait to see them in person!



Food at the event remains more of a mystery. The only vendor I'm sure about is Ramy's Lamb Shack, which I've been assured will be serving some form of falafel that will definitely be vegan. Go figure. I know... some hard-core vegans won't support a business that also serves meat. Personally, I think it's better to encourage them to do more vegan, by ordering the vegan options they already offer. I've read good things about Ramy's falafel, which is green in color, and made from fava beans. Can't wait to try it!


And that, my friends, is all I have for you today. With four days of fashion fun ahead of us, you know there are bunches of surprises in store. Will you be there to see for yourself? You can still get tickets! I suggest you do so. xoxo