Monday, September 7, 2015

the Raw and the Cooked

The Raw and the Cooked... which is/was, among other things, the title of a Fine Young Cannibals album from back in 1990. Why does this matter? It doesn't. Not a hoot. But I still like the album, and it comes to mind every single time the subject of raw foods - as in the Raw Foods Movement - comes up.

Moving on.

I was asked by Fix.com to feature the following article. I looked it over, and thought it might be useful to some of you. Raw vs. Cooked is a much discussed area in the vegan world. If veggies are great, eating them all raw must be even better, right? Turns out, maybe not. I don't claim to know, but I think there's some good, useful information in the article, Demystifying the Raw Diet. Read it for yourself, and do what works best for your own beautiful body.