Friday, October 28, 2011

Ask Me!


Yesterday someone asked, in a comment, about B vitamins in a vegan diet. The short answer is, most "experts" agree that we need to supplement B12, which used to be available from plant sources, but has been depleted by overworking our soil. I'll round up more specific information on this soon, but for now, it's a good idea to take a good multi-vitamin with B12. You don't need much, and it takes a long time for your body's stored B12 to be used up. But a B12 deficiency can be very dangerous, so there's no reason to take the risk.

This question got me thinking it would be fun to open up the door for you to ask all the questions you want. I don't always have a new recipe to share, and vegan life isn't only about food. So now you'll see my invitation in the upper right corner of the blog. If you have questions about vegan lifestyle and nutrition, want to know something about my personal vegan journey, or have a recipe you'd like to see vegan-ized, just send me an email and ask away!

I'm not an expert on anything at all, but I'll do my best to find answers we can all trust. It's baby steps and a lifelong learning process, so your questions will help to guide me too. They'll also give me something to write about when I don't have food to share, or like today, when I do have a good recipe but the pictures turned out terrible...

So, yes please. Ask questions! I'll post them here with the best answers I can come up with, and I'll get to as many of them as I can. Send your questions by email to me at kim@kimmiles.com.

Thanks!