Friday, August 10, 2012

Guest Blogger - the Beautiful Miss Lauren

August 7th cont.
I finished off this day with a short 2.6 mile hike. The hike wasn't extremely difficult, though it started with walking down about 500 feet, which made the end of it that much more enjoyable. The path lead out out to the Puget Sound, it was a pretty gorgeous night out on the beach. It felt good to keep my muscles working through the evening and it made me just tired enough to sleep like a baby.

August 8th
I had intended on going to class this morning but didn't make it due to an incredibly blonde moment. Long story short I didn't have my car and it's hard to drive to class at 5:30 am without it. Since I had done so well Monday and Tuesday I figured I could use a rest day, probably didn't need it, but I sort of ran out of time after a 13 hour day in the office. C'est la vie.


August 9th
Today I decided to go on a "no agenda" run. Obviously there was an agenda to get a workout in, but the point of the care free attitude was just to run until I was tired, run until something bothered me or I needed water or felt like my legs were gonna fall off. It is time to start figuring out what is best for me in a long run. I want race day to be comfortable and post race day to be relaxing and not spent recovering from chaffing or injuries. So I did a run to figure out what is going to work for me. I ended up running 4 miles in 40 minutes, which is more than a normal weekday run and I figured out a few things that I want to change before race day. First thing shorts... Guess it's time to go shopping.


August 10th
Woke up this morning and went to a 6 am class. I cannot even explain how discouraged I felt after each exercise we did. I like to think that my arms are pretty strong, my core is okay and my legs have super power strength in them... boy was I wrong today. After each plank, squat, frog jump, triceps curl, mountain climber or whatever else we were doing I kept thinking, "Aren't I stronger than this?!" The only thing that didn't leave me discouraged was the jump roping, guess that Double Dutch team I was on in elementary school is finally paying off. I know that I was struggling because I was working hard, but damn... that was freaking hard!


Tomorrow's goal is 10 miles. I sought guidance from a friend who ran in college about what I may expect and any suggestions that she had. I feel pretty confident that I can do this... hoping for a time of about 2 hours. Wish me luck!

~~~
Good Luck Sweetie! You can DO IT!!!