Saturday, August 4, 2012

Guest Blogger - the Beautiful Miss Lauren

August 3rd - 28 days to go
Friday Friday Friday! Yippee, the weekend has finally arrived. I am physically exhausted, four days of pretty intense/different workouts has been brutal on my body. Now that I am not just running I notice there are a whole bunch of muscles I haven't been using... weird! Along with trying new workouts I have also decided I am not going to drink alcoholic beverages on "school nights". And not that I need it, but I'm 26, it's the summer and a nice cool vodka drink after work is pretty lovely. My reasoning for giving it up is that I really want to focus on my training; getting enough rest, feeling up to my early morning workouts and cutting out unneeded calories. It's not the hardest thing I've ever done, but I won't lie, it's not the easiest either. 

Today's workout: 6am boot camp class, we did a circuit work today, a bunch of things that I don't know the name of, but I am sore. Did a few stair sprints after work and a short walk. 

This weekend I don't have any workouts planned. It's Seafair here in Seattle, which means less land more water. Maybe I'll get some swimming in? 

~~~

PS from Kim - Did a 3.36 mile figure 8 loop run this morning. My time is good, my strength is pretty good, and the dogs ran away from the sonic dog repeller. WooHoo! A trip to the farmers market afterward gave us a big basket of wonderful things to play with in the kitchen later. I'm really super-concentrating on the right fuel these last few weeks, and I have to tell Rick to just not buy those "crack chips" anymore... You know the ones - organic sea salt and black pepper potato chips. I have no control over myself around those things. But here's some good news. I got on the scale this morning, and for the first time in my driving life, my driver's license says I weigh more than I actually do. Now that feels good.