Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Guest Blogger - the Beautiful Miss Lauren


OH EM GEEE... I did it! 

August 11th
I ran 10 miles! I finally freaking did it! Not that I had tried before, mostly because I was scared, but partially because I am lazy. But I woke up, had some fuel set out on the pavement and went for it. It was a gorgeous day in Seattle, not too hot, not too cold. It felt easy and fun, it was around mile 8 that I started feeling pain in my knees and lower leg. I pushed through and finished with a huge smile on my face! 10.32 miles in 1hour and 33 minutes. The fun part came after my run when I had realized I overestimated my loop and had to walk another six miles home... Oy! 

August 12th
Rest... My knees felt like someone smashed them with a baseball bat. 

August 13th
Intended on running, but per usual, life got in the way and I ended up just eating guacamole instead... Totally worth it. 

August 14th
Woke up early for a 6am class. Also totally worth it, I felt strong and accomplished the entire way through. After class I normally just leave but today I ended up talking to the trainer and a couple of the girls in class, they were super motivating to me to stick out the end of my training. I know I have tons of support from my friends and family, but every once in awhile it's nice to hear it from a stranger too. 

Tomorrow another class and maybe a late night run. Temperatures are supposed to hit in the high 80s this week... Gotta be careful!